The following preventative measures at Teck are our best defence against COVID-19. Please follow them at all times.
Mask and Respirator Use:
- Employees are required to wear a three-layered surgical mask at minimum in elevators and when in the hallways, washroom facilities and other shared spaces.
- Employees must also wear surgical masks if other individuals are present. Where people are not in shared spaces and working alone, masks may be removed.
- Use of a N95/C95/KN95 respirator may be required at specific operations, as directed by site leadership. A clean-shaven interference-free seal is recommended when using an N95/C95/KN95 respirator.
- Omicron’s high transmission rate is thought to be due in part to increased aerosol spread. As such, a well-fitted N95/C95/KN95 respirator with an interference-free seal can provide additional protection.
- Surgical masks or respirators are required while travelling via Teck-provided transportation.
- Exception to mask or respirator wearing is limited to those who are medically exempt.
- Please see these mask-wearing guidelines for tips to ensure effective mask use.
The above does not apply to anyone required to use a regular half-face respirator in their work area or to other non-COVID-related workplace exposures where an N95/C95/KN95 is required.
Staying home if sick:
- If you develop symptoms consistent with COVID-19, you must not attend any Teck operations or offices. Contact your local public health authority and get tested for COVID-19 if directed. Following any required period of isolation, you may resume normal activities if symptoms have improved and fever has resolved for 24 hours (without the use of fever-reducing medication, such as acetaminophen or ibuprofen).
- If you develop symptoms consistent with COVID-19 while at a Teck site, or screen positive at a Teck rapid antigen screening clinic, please inform your supervisor and go home or to your local accommodation immediately.
On-site rapid screening:
- Employees are strongly encouraged to take part in the on-site rapid screening programs offered by Teck. Regular screening is highly recommended (i.e., the first and third day of a four-day shift; Monday, Wednesday and Friday if working five days a week).
- For more information, go to www.teck.com/screening.
- Everyone is strongly encouraged to get fully vaccinated, if medically able. For those working in Teck’s corporate offices, full vaccination was mandatory as of November 15, 2021.
- Those who have already had two doses of vaccine are strongly encouraged to get their third dose (known as a ‘booster shot’) as soon as it’s available to you in your jurisdiction.
- A third dose protects against infection and illness from COVID-19, including the Omicron variant.
Self-monitor for symptoms of COVID-19
Teck employees and contractors are asked to self-monitor for symptoms of COVID-19 at all times. Please see below for list of COVID-19 symptoms.
If you experience any symptoms, self-isolate, contact your local public health authority (call 811) and get tested for COVID-19 if directed. Do not go to work. Please also inform your supervisor, including your testing status, and complete contact tracing.
If you’ve been in close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, self-isolate and contact your local public health authority (call 811). Do not go to work and inform your supervisor.