Teck Logo

Carmen de Andacollo

Carmen de Andacollo

Carmen de Andacollo is a copper and gold mine located in central Chile.

About Carmen de Andacollo

Carmen de Andacollo is located in the Coquimbo Region of central Chile at an elevation of 1,000 metres, approximately 350 kilometres north of Santiago, near the southern limit of the Atacama Desert.

Teck owns a 90% interest in the mine. Empresa Nacional de Minería holds the remaining 10%.

Carmen de Andacollo is an open pit mine, producing copper in concentrates from the hypogene portion of the orebody. Copper cathode production from the supergene portion of the orebody is currently approaching completion. The majority of mine personnel live in the town of Andacollo, immediately adjacent to the mine, or in the nearby cities of Coquimbo and La Serena.

Carmen de Andacollo’s production in 2021 is expected to be in the range of 46,000 to 51,000 tonnes of copper, including approximately 1,000 tonnes of copper cathode. Production in 2021 is expected to be lower than 2020 due to lower copper grades.  Annual copper in concentrate production is expected to be between 50,000 and 60,000 tonnes for 2022 to 2024.

The current life of mine for Carmen de Andacollo is expected to continue until 2036.


Carmen de Andacollo Operating Results

($ in millions)

2020

2019

2018

Revenue

$442

$394

$488

Gross Profit (Loss) Before Depreciation and Amortization(1)(2)

$170

$89

$193

Gross Profit(Loss)

$95

$23

$121

Production (000's tonnes)(3)

58

54

67

Sales (000's tonnes)(3)

59

55

64

(1) Non-GAAP Financial Measure. See “Use of Non-GAAP Financial Measures” section for further information.
(2) See “Use of Non-GAAP Financial Measures” section for reconciliation.
(3) We include 100% of production and sales from our Quebrada Blanca and Carmen de Andacollo mines in our production and sales volumes, even though we do not own 100% of these operations, because we fully consolidate their results in our financial statements. We include 22.5% of production and sales from Antamina, representing our proportionate ownership interest in the operation. 

Compañía Minera Teck Carmen de Andacollo

Camino a Chepiquilla s/n
Andacollo
Región de Coquimbo, Chile
t: 56.51.431.589
f: 56.51.431.587

View All Contacts
Teck

Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal and zinc, as well as investments in energy assets.