See Also: Legal Notice
The purpose of this policy is to make visitors to this Teck website aware of how Teck collects, uses, manages, and discloses personal information.
"Personal information" is information about an identifiable individual that is not the person's business contact information or work product information. "Teck" is Teck Resources Limited and its affiliated entities.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
For individuals who visit our website(s) located at www.teck.com (collectively, “our websites”), we may collect information from you or from your activities on the sites.
Teck may collect the following information regarding visitors to our website: domain name, name, information regarding what pages are accessed, information volunteered by you, such as survey information, contact details, home and/or business address, e-mail address, or website registrations, and your preferred means of communication. Teck collects and logs this information for statistical purposes. Teck uses “session cookies” to assist in navigation of the site, but does not gather or store personal information after you leave the site.
We may use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- to manage our relationship with you, to communicate with you and to provide you with information or services and to support your use of our products and services. Applicable legal basis under the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”): performance of a contract;
- to operate, improve and develop the quality of the website through polls, surveys and other similar feedback gathering activities conducted by us. Applicable legal basis under the GDPR:consent;
- to analyze the needs and activities of our website users and customers to help us better serve them, to prepare analytics and profiling for business intelligence and marketing purposes. Applicable legal basis under the GDPR: legitimate interest or consent;
- to conduct research and analysis related to our business, products and services. Applicable legal basis under the GDPR: legitimate interest;
- to conduct recruitment related activities, including considering you for career opportunities and inviting you to participate in recruitment related activities. Applicable legal basis under the GDPR: contract
- to manage our website and respond to inquiries and other requests, including troubleshooting. Applicable legal basis under the GDPR: consent where appropriate or performance of a contract;
- to provide you with information that we think may interest you, including in regards to our products and services, and to personalize your experience visiting our website. Applicable legal basis under the GDPR: consent;
- to enforce this Policy. Applicable legal basis under the GDPR: performance of a contract;
- to prevent fraud or potentially illegal activities. Applicable legal basis under the GDPR: legitimate interest;
- to investigate legal claims. Applicable legal basis under the GDPR: legal obligation; and
- as required to comply with applicable laws or as authorized by applicable laws.
As a general proposition, any personal information that Teck collects will not be disclosed to third parties. The intent is that the information will be used for the exclusive use of Teck. However, in order to improve integrity of the data, to assist in maintaining security over the data, or as requested by law, some personal information may be required to be disclosed.
If we provide your information to third party service providers, then we require that the service providers maintain the confidentiality of your personal information and keep your personal information secure. We also require that they only use your personal information for the limited purposes for which it is provided.
Teck takes reasonable security measures to protect personal information from loss, unauthorized access, destruction, misuse, modification and disclosure. Teck treats the information with a high degree of regard and awareness for the private nature of the data. Our primary objective is to maintain the integrity and security of the data. Teck cannot guarantee secure transmission over this internet.
The Teck employee who is responsible for maintaining the privacy of information collected via the website interface, can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. Any questions or complaints about Teck's collection, use or disclosure of personal information through this website should be made to that individual.
If you do not consent to having your personal information collected, used and disclosed as set out in this policy, or if you require further information to make this decision, or if you wish to withdraw consent, please email the website privacy officer at email@example.com.
Last updated: September 23, 2021
For EU-based visitors to our website
Under European data protection law you also have certain rights in relation to your data, which include a right to access, erase, rectify your data, object to or to restrict the processing of your data, the right to data portability of Personal Information concerning you that you provided us in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format, under certain conditions; (vi) the right to object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you, under certain conditions. If you want to learn more about your rights under the GDPR, you can visit the European Commission's page on Data Protection at: https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/reform/rights-citizens_en. However, depending on the circumstances these rights may not always be available to you. To make a request or to obtain further information in relation to how Teck uses your data please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant data protection authority.