Purge Cachethumb_up

Teck Logo

Quebrada Blanca Banner

Quebrada Blanca

Quebrada Blanca Operations is a copper mine located in northern Chile.

About Quebrada Blanca

The Quebrada Blanca mine is located in Tarapacá Region of northern Chile at an elevation of 4,400 metres, approximately 240 kilometres southeast of the city of Iquique and 1,500 kilometres from Santiago.

Teck owns a 90% interest in the mine. The remaining 10% interest is owned by Empresa Nacional de Minería.

Quebrada Blanca is an open pit operation, which leaches the ore to produce copper cathodes via processing in an SX-EW plant. Copper cathode is trucked to Iquique for shipment to purchasers. Mine personnel live in a camp facility, and the majority commute from large population centres, including Iquique, Arica and Santiago.

Quebrada Blanca produced 25,500 tonnes of copper cathode in 2018, compared to 23,400 tonnes in 2017. We expect production of approximately 20,000 to 23,000 tonnes of copper cathode in 2019.


Quebrada Blanca Operating Results

($ in millions)

2018

2017

2016

Revenue

$224

$182

$229

Gross Profit (Loss) Before Depreciation and Amortization(1)(2)

$26

$50

$40

Gross Profit(Loss)(2)

$(59)

$(107)

$(211)

Production (000's tonnes)

26

23

35

Sales (000's tonnes)

26

23

35

(1) Non-GAAP Financial Measure. See “Use of Non-GAAP Financial Measures” section for further information.
(2) Certain 2017 comparative figures have been restated for new IFRS pronouncements. 2016 figures have not been restated. Please refer to Note 32 to our audited annual consolidated financial statements for the year ended December 31, 2018.

Compañía Minera Quebrada Blanca S.A.

Esmeralda 340, Piso 10 Iquique
Región de Tarapacá, Chile
Office:
t: 56.57.528.100
f: 56.57.528.102
Mine Site:
t: 56.57.528.110
f: 56.57.528.264

View All Contacts
Teck

Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with business units focused on copper, zinc, steelmaking coal and energy.