We are committed to responsible business practices in all aspects of our activities. The Safety and Sustainability (S&S) Committee of the Board of Directors provides policy direction and monitors the Company’s environmental, social and safety performance. The Corporate Environment and Risk Management Committee (CERMC), chaired by the CEO, is a senior management committee that sets priorities and direction for Health, Safety, Environment and Community Management programs and tracks performance.
The Health and Safety Policy fortifies a corporate commitment to providing leadership and resources for entrenching core values of safety and health.
Our company-wide commitments are outlined in the following key sustainability policy documents:
- Charter of Corporate Responsibility — A set of principles related to business ethics, health, safety, environment, and community that governs all operating practices and provides our overarching sustainability governance commitment
- Code of Sustainable Conduct — Our commitment to sustainable development, focusing on aspects such as community and environmental performance
- Code of Ethics — Our dedication to upholding high moral and ethical standards, specifying basic business conduct and behaviour
- Health and Safety Policy — Our commitment to providing leadership and resources for entrenching the core value of safety
- Human Rights Policy — Our commitment to respecting the rights of our employees, the communities in which we operate and others affected by our activities
- Indigenous Peoples Policy – Our commitment to respect the rights, cultures, interests, and aspirations of Indigenous Peoples.
- Inclusion and Diversity Policy - Our commitment to supporting an inclusive and diverse workplace that recognizes and values difference.
- Teck’s Expectations for Suppliers and Contractors - Established to clearly communicate Teck’s expectations for suppliers of goods and contractors performing services for or on behalf of Teck.
- Tax Policy - Our commitment to be transparent, cooperative, compliant and ethical in all tax matters.
- Water Policy - Our commitment to protect water and the life it sustains by being an industry leader in water stewardship.
The Health, Safety, Environment and Community Management Standards (HSECMS) put our Charter and Codes into practice and were modelled after the International Standard Organization’s ISO 14001 management standards, OHSAS 18001 standards and EPA compliance-focused EMS guidance.
Our HSEC Management system provides a structure for implementing our sustainability commitments. It includes overarching corporate policies, the HSEC Management Standards, guidelines, and site-level policies and procedures.