Working together to limit the spread and to look after ourselves, our families and each other.
Teck has a range of tools and resources available to help safeguard the physical and mental health of our employees, their families and the communities in which we operate.
Teck has implemented extensive preventative measures across our offices and operations in order to safeguard the health of our employees while continuing to operate safely and responsibly, and maintain employment and economic activity to the extent possible.
Measures in place at Teck’s sites include:
- Physical distancing practices at site, such as reducing the number of passengers on buses, separating groups of employees at work, cancelling large group meetings and changing meetings from in-person to electronic, e.g., holding crew meetings by radio
- Staggering shift start times to support physical distancing
- Enhanced cleaning and disinfecting protocols, including frequent disinfecting of surfaces in employee buses and in work areas
- Promoting personal preventative measures, such as frequent handwashing
- Ensuring adequate supplies of critical COVID-19 prevention materials, including personal protective equipment (PPE) and disinfectants, are available at site
- Screening all contractors and external visitors to sites for risk factors and symptoms
- Requiring employees who show symptoms or who are in close contact with someone with symptoms to stay home from work
- Requiring employees returning from international travel to self-isolate
- Reducing the number of on-site staff as much as possible, and implementing work from home where feasible
- Expanded sick leave coverage for affected employees
Protecting Yourself and Others
These printable posters outline the simple steps you can take to keep yourself and others healthy.
Take 5 to Assess Your Readiness for Work
The COVID-19 Take 5 self-assessment for employees and contractors is part of our work to limit the spread of the virus and help keep each other healthy and safe.
Employee and Family Assistance Program Resources
All Teck employees have access to our Employee and Family Assistance Programs to help ensure employees and their families have somewhere to turn for support, particularly when coping with stress and anxiety. Immediate and confidential services are accessible 24/7, 365 days a year. Individuals will receive crisis counselling support and/or referral to community resources.
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (Canada)
- Employee Assistance Program (U.S.)
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (Chile)
The Employee Assistance Program for Quebrada Blanca employees is available through Crecer
On-Demand Virtual Healthcare Services
Our employees in Canada and the U.S. and their families have on-demand access to a team of primary care providers via a mobile health app.
Medisys On-Demand (Canada)
Users can speak with, and seek advice from, a clinician about medical or mental health concerns.