On March 13, TDS received notice that they would need to support the transition of thousands of Teck employees to remote work over the course of just a few days. TDS rose to the challenge and, working at all hours of the day and night, the team delivered on this business-critical need. The success of this massive undertaking demonstrated teamwork, determination and commitment to excellence. Here are just a few highlights from TDS’s outstanding work.
- 4,000 voice calls per day
- 980% increase in VPN connectivity with approximately 300 users per day pre-COVID-19 to over 3,000 connections to Teck’s network
- 6,450 deployments of Microsoft Teams in one week
- 200% increase in the use of hardware used to improve security for internet-facing applications
- 200% growth in network bandwidth
- 2,719 users migrated to Microsoft Exchange online