Dam Safety Inspections (DSIs) are one of the measures in place for the safe management of our tailings facilities. DSIs are conducted annually by a third-party Engineer of Record for mine tailings facilities in order to to review the safe operation, maintenance and surveillance of the facility and to identify and make any recommendations.
DSIs for Teck’s tailings facilities by operation.
Highland Valley Copper
- 2019 DSI – Highmont Tailings Storage Facility
- 2019 DSI – Bethlehem No. 1 Tailings Storage Facility
- 2019 DSI – Trojan Tailings Storage Facility
- 2019 DSI – Highland Tailings Storage Facility
- 2019 DSI – Seven Day Pond
Carmen de Andacollo
Sen Dena Hes