We are committed to responsible business practices in all aspects of our activities. The Safety and Sustainability (S&S) Committee of the Board of Directors provides policy direction and monitors the Company’s environmental, social and safety performance. The Health, Safety, Environment and Community (HSEC), chaired by the CEO, is a senior management committee that sets priorities and direction for sustainability programs and tracks performance.
The Health and Safety Policy fortifies a corporate commitment to providing leadership and resources for entrenching core values of safety and health.
Our company-wide commitments are outlined in the following key sustainability policy documents:
- Anti-Corruption Compliance Policy & Manual — This Policy supplements our existing Code of Ethics and reinforces our commitment to work against corruption in all its forms
- Climate Change Policy — Our commitment to taking climate action, including reducing our own emissions, adapting to physical impacts and advocating for global action to limit global warming to 1.5°C.
- Code of Sustainable Conduct — Our commitment to sustainable development, focusing on aspects such as community and environmental performance
- Code of Ethics — Our dedication to upholding high moral and ethical standards, specifying basic business conduct and behaviour
- Health and Safety Policy — Our commitment to providing leadership and resources for entrenching the core value of safety
- Human Rights Policy — Our commitment to respecting the rights of our employees, the communities in which we operate and others affected by our activities
- Indigenous Peoples Policy – Our commitment to respect the rights, cultures, interests, and aspirations of Indigenous Peoples.
- Inclusion and Diversity Policy - Our commitment to supporting an inclusive and diverse workplace that recognizes and values difference.
- Teck’s Expectations for Suppliers and Contractors - Established to clearly communicate Teck’s expectations for suppliers of goods and contractors performing services for or on behalf of Teck.
- Tax Policy - Our commitment to be transparent, cooperative, compliant and ethical in all tax matters.
- Water Policy - Our commitment to protect water and the life it sustains by being an industry leader in water stewardship.
The Health, Safety, Environment and Community Management Standards (HSECMS) put our Charter and Codes into practice and were modelled after the International Standard Organization’s ISO 14001 management standards, OHSAS 18001 standards and EPA compliance-focused EMS guidance.
Our HSEC Management system provides a structure for implementing our sustainability commitments. It includes overarching corporate policies, the HSEC Management Standards, guidelines, and site-level policies and procedures.