Date Posted: February 05, 2017
Closing Date: June 30, 2017
We are currently seeking an individual for the role of: Steamfitter/Pipefitter
Reporting to the Group Leader, the Steamfitter/Pipefitter is responsible for performing preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, repairs, and fabrication of a wide variety of complex piping systems in an industrial setting.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety rules and procedures
- Repair and maintain a wide variety of complex piping systems that are integral to the operation’s activities
- Perform preventative maintenance and fabrication work
- Able to work independently or as part of a team
- Interprovincial Red Seal Steamfitter/Pipefitter Certification (please upload copy of certification with your application)
- Completion of Grade 12 or GED Certificate (please submit a copy of certificate to application)
- Valid driver’s license
- Class B or A Gas certification and experience welding considered an asset
- Experience in an industrial maintenance environment and knowledge of computerized maintenance management systems would be a definite asset
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are required
- Will be required to participate in an assessment process designed to measure fitness, aptitudes and personal attributes
The operation at Trail, British Columbia, is one of the world’s largest and most efficient integrated zinc and lead smelting and refining complexes. Trail Operations produces a wide range of metals and related products including zinc, lead, silver, gold, cadmium, indium, bismuth, germanium concentrate, germanium dioxide, copper sulphate, copper arsenate and sodium antimonate. As part of pollution control measures, Trail produces sulphuric acid, sulphur, sulphur dioxide and ammonium sulphate fertilizer.
Trail, situated in the West Kootenay region of southeastern B.C., boasts a moderate climate, reasonably priced housing, and a regional population of 30,000. Residents have access to excellent health care and medical facilities, first-rate schools and a regional college. This picturesque community also offers a wide range of outstanding indoor and outdoor recreational opportunities including golf, boating, fishing, hiking, mountain biking, camping and world class skiing, all at your doorstep. To learn more about the Greater Trail area visit www.lcic.ca.
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TCK.A and TCK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TCK. Teck has been named to the 2014 Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the fifth straight year, indicating that Teck’s sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world’s 2,500 largest public companies. Further information about Teck can be found at www.teck.com.
Application Instructions: Teck Metals Ltd. is committed to employment equity and offers competitive compensation and an attractive benefits package including relocation assistance. Qualified individuals are encouraged to submit their resume, a copy of their Grade 12 or GED certificate and Interprovincial trade’s qualification by June 30, 2017.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.