Teck Alaska Incorporated, Red Dog Operations, one of the world's largest producers of zinc concentrate, is recruiting for a Port Facility Planner. Due to anticipated needs, we are currently recruiting for a career oriented individual to fill this role.
Red Dog Mine, located in Northwest Alaska, is a large, technically challenging open pit mine, mill and port facility. It is a remote, but modern and well-equipped fly-in fly-out operation that provides free room and board for employees, and regular transportation to and from Anchorage and surrounding regional villages.
Rotation schedule will be two weeks onsite and one week offsite OR four weeks onsite and two weeks offsite.
Reporting to the Port Operations Coordinator, the Port Facility Planner provides comprehensive and thorough maintenance job plans that facilitate the safe and effective execution of maintenance and project work.
· Be a Courageous Safety Leader, through promotion and adherence to established policies, procedures and safe work practices
· Manage work order backlogs for accuracy and details required to properly advance the work through the planning process
· Scope all aspects of pre-job requirements, including parts, labor resources, permits, drawings, facilities, support equipment, special equipment and tooling, instructions, etc.
· Coordinate with Port Facility to develop and maintain a master schedule, focusing on equipment criticality and proper work identification
· Maintain a long term forecast, focusing on key equipment, components and major work.
· Commission and decommission equipment and their maintenance programs
· Assist with the development and maintenance of cost forecasting, budgeting and analysis
· Work consistently with the tradesmen, reliability group and operations employees to create detailed work packages, especially for routine work
· Track and report Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) of processes and systems, raising visibility and continuous improvement opportunities to the Port leadership team
· Industrial Journeyman Millwright
· 10 years Industrial Millwright experience
· Ability and desire to train apprentices
· Keyboarding skills (40 words per minute with 95% accuracy)
· Excellent communication skills, proven human relation skills and follow-up skills are required
· Intermediate skills and knowledge of computers utilizing Microsoft Office and projects software
· Familiar with maintenance processes and system software
· Ability to work cooperatively with others
· Ability to manage time independently with limited supervision
· Possess good communication skills
· Committed to safety
Red Dog is a drug/alcohol free work place and provides competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits program. Employment is conditional upon passing a background check, medical examination and drug/alcohol tests.
Excellent benefits including: medical, dental, life, AD&D and long term disability insurance, generous paid time off, paid sick leave and 401k. Compensation will be dependent on experience but the work schedule makes the remuneration package very attractive.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TCK.A and TCK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TCK. Teck has been named to the 2014 Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the fifth straight year, indicating that Teck’s sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world’s 2,500 largest public companies. Further information about Teck can be found at www.teck.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.